Newburyport Youth Lacrosse does not supply the equipment for players in the program.
If there is a hardship please reach out to the president of the youth lacrosse program at the time.
Every Girl's player needs the following equipment. You can purchase it at Lax Unlimited in Danvers, Dick's Sporting Goods, or many online retailers.
1) Girl's Specific Lacrosse Stick - List of approved sticks, click here
2) Girl's Lacrosse Goggles (must have the two certifications per 2020 rules - SEI and ASTM lacrosse certified) List of approved eye protection, click here
3) Colored mouth piece (not clear) with no pictures on them like teeth etc.
4) Helmets (Headgear) is optional for girls. List of approved head gear, click here (use of headgear is optional for field players)
5) Girls specific lacrosse gloves are optional for girls - some wear them in cold weather.
Goalies - Goalie must wear a helmet with face mask, separate throat protector, chest protector, abdominal and pelvic protection, goalie gloves, and leg padding on the shins and thighs. The protective helmet, designed for lacrosse, must meet the NOCSAE test standard. All protective devices used should be close fitting, padded where necessary, and not be of excessive weight.
FAQ's regarding the Girl's Equipment
Every girl player need a girls lacrosse stick, which is different than boys.
1/2 Players (u9) - Should cut the shaft to feel comfortable. You can measure the shaft to be as long as there should to finger tips when their arm is extended. Don't go any shorter. Also, keep in mind they with grow and want to use it for at least 2 years.Their pockets can be modified to help with catching. No pocket depth rule for founders league. The Brine warp youth stick is also approved at 1/2 level only.
3/4th Grader (U11) - Modified pocket depth. Less than half the ball can be visible below the sidewall. Can cut shaft as needed for shorter players.
5/6 Grade (U13) - Regulation women's stick. Must be able to see a little bit of the ball above the top sidewall of the stick when looking at the ball horizontally at eye level. Full length shaft. Can be cut slightly for shorter players if needed.
7/8 Grade (U15) - Regulation women's stick. Must be able to see a little bit of the ball above the top sidewall of the stick when looking at the ball horizontally at eye level. Full length shaft.